I am Thankful to one of my BOFC user “Barbara” who has shared this below request:
“Is there a way to add onto a report or excel whether or not a field is currently active on a page layout (and if yes, which page layout)? This is something that’s always been a pain point to keep track of.”
This is a time-consuming and a monotonous job for Salesforce developers and admin to manually open each layout for each object and create a report for it.
Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC) is a native Force.com app designed to help you overcome the above situation. BOFC can easily create a matrix report of field usage for multiple objects for multiple layouts in single click. Refer this image for quick look:
BOFC application can easy export fields which visible or not in single click on multiple layouts. This would help users to save time, reduce manual effort and increase productivity. BOFC application has a simple user interface which is extremely self-explanatory and easy to use.
Major Features includes:
- Usage report can be extracted for multiple layouts in single click
- Usage report can be extracted for multiple objects in single click
- This features works for both Standard and Custom Objects
- Usage report shows data for multiple objects in form of multiple tabs (one for each tab) in single Xls sheet
Steps to Export Matrix Report in Single Click:
1. Goto BOFC Application and click “Export Field Usage Matrix“ link as highlighted in below image
2. It will open this below page
3. Select single or multiple objects and select “Export Field Usage” radio button. Once selected click on “Fetch Layouts”. It will display below screen with all the Layouts for selected objects.
4. Select one or more layouts and click on “Click to Initiate Export”
Kindly wait for status to change to “Completed”.
5. Click “Download Matrix Report” link to extract matrix report for field usage for selected objects and selected layouts
Bulk Object Field Creator is a simpler and smarter way of saving admins and developers time from this monotonous job. For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.bofc.io/#contact-frm or mail us: email@example.com. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.
We appreciate your valuable inputs.