IDEA: For any Salesforce Admin or developer, there is a requirement to
“Mass Delete Fields for Multiple Custom or Standard Objects”
It would be tedious job to delete each field one by one using Salesforce Standard Process. These type of work requests would take more effort and time, so one of the best option to overcome this situation is by using the this Appexchange tool called Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC)
Few Simple Steps to Delete Multiple Custom Fields in Salesforce objects
1. Open the BOFC Bulk Field Deletion Screen. BOFC Home > Bulk Field Deletion
2. It will open below screen for BOFC Field Deletion
3. Select single or multiple Objects from drop down & Click on “Fetch Existing Fields” button to display all the fields of a selected object (s).
Below image has many features (each number has its description as below):
- User can filter fields by object names
- User can filter fields by field names
- Click on “Apply Filters”, in order to filter records using selected filters.
- Click on “Reset Filters”, in order to clear selected filters.
- Pagination – This page has a pagination if count of fields is more than 80. Each page shows 80 fields. User can use “>” or “<” or “<<” or “>>” buttons to navigate on other pages
- Click on “Delete Custom Fields” to delete all the selected fields
- User can export the fields which are error out using “Export Error Fields” button
- Total Field Count on page & Selected field count (for update)
- User can refer step by step Blog and video for this feature using highlighted links.
4. Select the Fields which you want delete by selecting checkbox in front of each row.
5. Once fields are selected, Click “Delete Custom Fields” button to delete fields from Salesforce.
6. Once the delete action is completed, it will show “Success or Error” status message in front of each row
Have a look at step by step detailed video to “Bulk Delete Multiple Salesforce Fields for Multiple Objects“
For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.bofc.io/#contact-frm or mail us: email@example.com. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.
We appreciate your valuable inputs.