IDEA: For any Salesforce Admin or developer, there is a requirement to View or Export Salesforce Limits (used, remaining or max) for multiple objects (Custom or Standard Object) in xls.
For eg: (Some Of Salesforce Limits)
- How many Custom fields are created on an Object?
- What is the maximum number of Custom Fields which can be created on an Object?
- What is the maximum number of Relationship Fields which can be created on an Object?
- How many Validation rules are active on an Object?
- What is the maximum number of Workflow Rules which can be created on an Object?
- How many Approval Processes are active on an Object? and many more
It would be tedious job to open each object one by one using Salesforce Standard process and make a count of every item.
These type of work requests would take much more effort and time, so one of the best option to overcome this situation is by using an appexchange app named as Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC)
Major Features includes:
- Usage and Limitation for Multiple Objects can be extracted in single click
- Supports both Standard and Custom Objects
- Easy, Simple, Clickable process to export objects.
- It can explore limits which includes (Limits Used, Limits Remaining and Maximum Limit) for:
- No of Custom Fields
- No of Custom Relationship Fields
- No of Active Workflow Rules
- No of Total Workflow Rules
- No of Active Validation Rules
- No of Active Lookup Filters
- No of Approval Processes
- No of Sharing Rules (Criteria-based Only)
- No of Roll-up Summary Fields
- No of Sharing Rules (Both Owner- and Criteria-based)
- No of V LOOKUP Functions
Few Simple Steps to Explore Usage & Limitation for Multiple Objects
1. Open the BOFC Home > Click “Explore Usage & Limitation for multiple Objects”
2. It will open below screen
3. User can choose different actions on below highlighted image (each number has its description as below):
- Select single or multiple objects from the drop down. For ex: Selected Objects: Asset, Case, Campaign, Case Test
- Select what type of limits needs to exported (for eg: Custom fields, Workflow Rules, etc)
- Select “org to explore” option to select the org for which limits need to be checked. If org is not available in drop-down, it can be easily added using “Manage Org details button”.
Once “Manage Org details” is clicked, then click on “New Environment” button to add a details for current org.
Add details for current environment and Save it (Click ? in-front of each field for any help)
Once details are added and saved, then close this “Manage Environment” popup.
4. Click “Click to Initiate” button to view data for all the selected objects with all the selected details.
Have a look at step by step detailed video to “Explore Salesforce Limits For Multiple Objects using BOFC App”
Bulk Object Field Creator is a simpler and smarter way of saving admins and developers time from this monotonous job. For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.bofc.io/#contact-frm or mail us: email@example.com. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.
We appreciate your valuable inputs.