For any Salesforce Admin or developer, if there is a requirement to Clone Object – Standard or Custom (with Object details, Custom fields, Validation rules, Record types).
– For a developer, Clone object in Salesforce is a tedious and time taking job. User would have to open and copy each field, validation rules, record types one by one for an object using Salesforce Standard Process. These type of work requests would take much more effort and time, but with our Salesforce Appexchange Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC) App user can clone multiple objects within same Salesforce org in few clicks.
Benefits of using BOFC Application for Mass Object Cloning:
- Clone source object properties to new object
- Clone all custom fields of Primitive field types (like text, number, currency, checkbox etc)
- Clone all custom fields of Relationship field types (like Lookup, Master-Child etc)
- Clone all custom fields of Formula types.
- Clone all validation rules
- Clone all record types
- User can clone Custom or Standard Objects
Few Simple Steps to Clone Object & its all Fields in Salesforce
1. Open the BOFC Home > Click “Clone Object”
2. It will open below screen for BOFC Clone Object
3. Select the “Source object” from the drop down.
For ex: Source Object: Company
Target Object : Test Object
Above image has many features (each number has its description as below):
- Select Source Object
- Enter details for Target object label and name
- User can choose either one or multiple action(s):
- Clone All custom fields except relationship and formula fields
- Clone All Relationship fields
- Clone All Formula fields
- Clone validation and record types
- Field Permissions:
- Clone Field Permission of Source Object fields to new fields
- Select new profiles for new fields
- Button “Click here to initiate process“ – On clicking this button, it will start process to clone all the selected actions to target object
4. Once “Click here to initiate process“ button is clicked, it will add a new section on same page to share clone status against each action:
5. Click “Create” infront of each row one by one and wait for process to complete. Once all create are clicked, you are done with your object cloning.
6. Final Status in Green
For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.bofc.io/#contact-frm or mail us: email@example.com. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.
We appreciate your valuable inputs.
Have a look at step by step detailed video to “Clone Standard or Custom Object in salesforce in few clicks”