For any Salesforce Admin or developer, if there is a requirement to “Compare Objects” of same or different Salesforce orgs and export results in XLS.
– For a developer, it will be a tedious and time taking job. User would have to open each Salesforce org and verify all the fields one by one using Salesforce Standard process. These type of work requests would take much more effort and time, but with our Salesforce Appexchange Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC) App user can easily “Compare Objects” within same or different Salesforce org in few clicks.
Benefits of using BOFC Application for Comparing Objects:
- User can compare any kind of objects (Standard or Custom)
- User can compare objects within same or different orgs. For eg: Sandbox to Sandbox, or Production to Sandbox
- Easy to use with few clicks
- Saves ample amount of time of doing manual work
Few Simple Steps to “Compare Objects” across multiple Orgs
1. Open the BOFC Home > Click “Compare Objects and Fields“
2. It will open below screen for “Compare Objects” page
User can add any environment or organization details by clicking on “Manage Environment” button, otherwise go to next step 3.
Once “Manage Org details” is clicked, then click on “New Environment” button to add a details for new environment.
Add details for new org and Save it (Click ? infront of each field for any help)
Once details are added and saved, then close this “Manage Environment” popup and it will show the new connection added in the table. Perform same action for all the orgs for which objects need to be compared.
3. Select Object Name and choose two environments or orgs from the connection list.
Above image has many features (each number has its description as below):
- User can select the object name which needs to be compared from drop-down
- In case the object name is not available in point 1, user can manually type the object API name to compare.
- User can select the display type. Whether they need to Show Everything, or Show Differences, or Show Similarities.
- User can choose two environments or orgs from the connection list which needs to be compared
- Once all four points are done, then user can click on “Compare Objects” to check the results.
4. Once Compare Objects is clicked, it will display the results as shown in below image.
Have a look at step by step detailed video to “Compare Multiple Objects (across same or different Orgs) | Salesforce | BOFC | SFDC | Appexchange”
Bulk Object Field Creator is a simpler and smarter way of saving admins and developers time from this monotonous job. For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.bofc.io/#contact-frm or mail us: email@example.com. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.
We appreciate your valuable inputs.