IDEA: For any Salesforce Admin or developer, there is a requirement to Mass Compare Multiple Profiles and Export in XLS. It would be tedious job to copy and click each Profile one by one using Salesforce Standard process.
These type of work requests would take more effort and time, so one of the best option to overcome this situation is by using the this app exchange tool called Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC)
Benefits of using BOFC Application for Comparing Multiple Profiles:
- Multiple Profiles can be compared in single click in single xls sheet (check sample image for final result)
- Supports both Standard and Custom Profiles
- Export includes: Object access, App access, Tab access, User & Administrative permissions, record type details, apex class access, visualforce page access, Field Permissions
- Easy, Simple, Clickable process to compare & export profiles
Few Simple Steps to Compare Multiple Profiles in Salesforce
Step 1. Open the BOFC Home > Click “Compare Multiple Profiles (side by side)”
Step 2. It will open below screen for Managing actions on Multiple Profiles”
Step 3. User can choose different actions on Compare/Export screen. This below image is highlighted with number and has its description as below:
- Select single or multiple Profiles from the drop down
- Select which profile components needs to be compared (for eg: Object details, Apex permissions, Record type settings, user permissions etc)
- Select “if user wants to compare components which are unmanaged or components related to managed packages and unmanaged (both)?
- Select “if user wants to export or compare profiles”?
- Click “Click to Initiate Export” button to export xls file for all the selected profiles with all the selected components. It will exports single xls for all the selected profiles in Salesforce.
- The Component list doesn’t have object “Fields Permissions”. To compare, export or update Field permissions for Multiple objects and multiple profiles, use the “Click Here” link to open the field permissions page
Step 4. On clicking “Click to Initiate“ button, it will display a small section on the page. This section show the status of your export for multiple profiles. Wait for couple of seconds, until status is changed to “Completed” in the export status table.
- Status: Shows if process got completed or not
- Processed: Shows no of profiles which are successfully processed
- Failure: Shows no of profiles which got error out
Step 5. Once status is “Completed“, your file is ready for export. Click on “Download” link to download your profiles export in xls.
Bulk Object Field Creator is a simpler and smarter way of saving admins and developers time from this monotonous job. For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.bofc.io/#contact-frm or mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.
We appreciate your valuable inputs.