When a Prospect (or Lead) is converted in Sales Process, it is converted to Account, Contact and Opportunity. This process is performed manually on each Lead record by clicking “Convert” button at lead level, which is a time-consuming and a monotonous job for Salesforce developers and admins.
In order to convert 100 or 200 or 500 leads, such requests require a couple of days of effort.
Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC) is a native Force.com app designed to help you overcome the above situation. BOFC can easily convert mass number of Leads in few simple clicks.
BOFC application can convert 500+ Lead records in just 10-15 minutes. This would help users save time, reduce manual effort and increase productivity. BOFC application has a simple user interface which is extremely self-explanatory and easy to use.
Major Features for Bulk Lead Conversion includes:
- User can import Leads using XLS or CSV
- User can choose option to either “Create new account” or “Assign lead to existing account”
- User can choose option to either Create or Skip opportunity creation.
- User can choose option to choose Lead Owner for single or multiple leads
- Error And Validation Support- Application effectively guides user in lead conversion and provide error description.
- Columns are enabled or disabled depending upon option selected
Steps to Convert Mass number of leads using XLS in few clicks:
1. Goto BOFC Application and open “Bulk Lead Conversion” page
2. It will open this page for Lead conversion
Import Lead IDs using XLS file: In this option, user can upload lead using a pre-formated xls or csv template. User can download template and then can upload its lead file once ready.
3. Click on “Download Sample Template” button to download a sample template which is acceptable by Lead Conversion page. Once your file is ready, upload the file.
4. Once the Lead File is uploaded, it will display the Leads in below table.
Above image has few features (each number has its description as below):
- User needs to select lead rows once all the mandatory fields are filled
- This column display the status for lead conversion
- Lead columns (Lead name and Company)
- User can avoid creating new account and can attach lead to existing account.
- User can create request for new account at lead conversion
- Creating Opportunity is Optional. If selected, it will create opportunity at the time of lead conversion.
- If “New Opportunity” is checked, then Opportunity name field is enabled, otherwise it will be disabled.
- Pagination: Each page shows 80 lead records. User can navigate to next or previous or first or last pages using this navigation
- When lead is converted, lead fields are mapped to Account, Contact and Opportunity fields. In order to review or modify field mappings, click this button and it will display the Standard Lead mapping page.
- Once user has selected the lead rows, it can click “Convert Bulk Leads using Standard Conversion” button to convert all the selected lead rows
5. Select lead rows & verify all the details in required columns or remove error(if any).
6. Click “Convert Bulk Leads using Standard Conversion” button to convert selected lead row records. Once clicked, it will show a status popup:
In this popup, it shows stats for “how many records are to be processed, how many are converted, failed. Once the status is completed, click on Close button.
7. Once the close button is clicked, it will show “Success or Error” status message in-front of each row.
Success or Error” status message
Green means – Lead row converted successfully
Red means – Lead row error out with some error message
Check out other methods to use BOFC other Lead Conversion Methods:
- BULK Lead Conversion directly on ALL Non-Converted Leads in Salesforce
- BULK Lead Conversion using Salesforce Standard Reports in few clicks?
Have a look at step by step detailed video to “Perform Mass Lead Conversion using XLS”
For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.bofc.io/#contact-frm or mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.
We appreciate your valuable inputs.