For any Salesforce Admin or developer, if there is a requirement to Compare Validation Rules across multiple Salesforce orgs.
– For a developer, it will be a tedious and time taking job. User would have to open validation rule (across multiple Salesforce orgs) and compare each Error Condition, error message using manual process.
These type of work requests would take much more effort and time, but with our Salesforce Appexchange Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC) App user can easily “Compare Validation Rules” within same Salesforce org or across multiple Salesforce orgs in few clicks.
Benefits of using BOFC Application to Compare Validation Rules:
- User can compare multiple validations in few clicks
- Support Validation rules comparison for any kind of objects (Standard or Custom or Managed)
- User can compare multiple validation rules (side by side).
- Easy to use with few clicks
- Saves ample amount of time of doing manual work
Few Simple Steps to Compare Validation Rules
1. Open the BOFC Home > Click “Compare Multiple Validation Rules across multiple orgs”
2. It will open below screen for “Compare Validation Rules” page
User can compare validation rules across multiple Salesforce orgs. Click on Manage Org Details to add any new org,
otherwise go to next step 3.
How to add new org using “Manage Org Details” button?
Once “Manage Org details” is clicked, then click on “New Environment” button to add a details for current org.
Add details for current environment and Save it (Click ? infront of each field for any help)
Once details are added and saved, then close this “Manage Environment” popup and it will show the same validation rule page.
3. Select any two org from “Select Org” dropdown and click “Compare Validation Rules”. It will show below screen.
Above image has some features (each number has its description as below):
- Choose the type of operation as “Compare across Multiple Orgs”
- Select at least two orgs to Compare
- Enter the API name of the object in the First Selected Org
- Enter the API name of the object in the Second Selected Org
- Click “Compare Validation Rules” button to initiate Comparison process
4. Once “Compare Validation Rules” is clicked, and it will display a side by side comparison of Validation rules across multiple orgs.
Above image has many features (each number has its description as below):
- Display validation rules of first selected org
- Display validation rules of second selected org
- You can change the view of comparison results. It can display data for all validation rules of both selected orgs, or it can show only common validation rules or non-common validation rules.
For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.bofc.io/#contact-frm or mail us: email@example.com. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.
We appreciate your valuable inputs.