For any Salesforce Admin or developer, if there is a requirement to Export multiple validation rules for multiple objects (for any Standard or Custom Object)
Solution: These type of work requests would take more effort and time, so one of the best option to overcome this situation is by using the this appexchange tool called Salesforce Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC).
Benefits of using BOFC Application for Exporting Validation rules:
- Works for both Standard and Custom Object rules
- Perform any action on (Single or Multiple) validation rules
- Perform any action on rules of (Single or multiple) objects at same time
- Easy to use with few clicks
- Saves ample amount of time of doing manual work
Few Simple Steps to Export Multiple Validation Rules in Salesforce:-
1. Open the BOFC Home > Click “Bulk Create ,Update, Delete & Export Validation Rules“
2. It will open below screen for validation rules.
3. Select the “Type of Operation as Export” from the dropdown and screen looks like below image:-
Above image has many features (each number has its description as below):
- Select the type of operation as Export from the dropdown.
- User can Select single or multiple objects from the dropdown
- Click on Download Validation Rules Button to export validation rules.
4. Once Download Validation Rules Button is clicked, it will downloaded all the rules for selected object in xls file and once sheet Is opened it looks as per image below:
For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.bofc.io/#contact-frm or mail us: email@example.com. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.We appreciate your valuable inputs.