IDEA: For any Salesforce Admin or developer, there is a requirement to mass Update Record Types details (Basic Information or Picklist values) for a Custom or Standard or Managed Objects. It would be tedious job to open each record type, then each picklist one by one using Salesforce Standard process. These type of work requests would take more effort and time, so one of the best option to overcome this situation is by using the this appexchange tool called Salesforce Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC)
Benefits of using BOFC Application for Managing Record Types:
- Support Record Types for all kinds of Objects.
- User can update Basic details for multiple record types of multiple objects.
- User can update Picklist values for multiple Picklist for multiple record types and for multiple objects.
- Easy, Simple & Clickable process to manage record types.
Few Simple Steps to Update Record Types in Salesforce
1. Open the BOFC Home > Go to Record Type Section & click the highlighted link
2. It will open below screen for BOFC Manage Record Types
User can perform two kind of update operation:
- Update Basic details of Record Types (follow steps 3 to 7)
- Update Picklist values assigned to multiple Record Types (follow step 8 to 12)
Will go through both the functionality one by one
Update Basic details of Record Types
3. Select Object (single or multiple) & choose “Basic details” radio button as shown in below image. Once selected, click on “Fetch Details”
4. Select (single or multiple) record types & click “Display Record Type Details”
5. Once clicked, it will display basic details for all the record types selected in step 4. User can modify the details and select the rows which needs to be updated.
6. Once all the changes are done, click on “Update Record Type Details”
7. Once the update action is completed, it will show “Success or Error” status message in-front of each row.
Update Picklist values for Multiple Record Types
8. Select Object (single or multiple) & choose “Update Picklist Values” radio button as shown in below image. Once selected, click on “Fetch Details”
9. Select record type (single or multiple), select Picklist (single or multiple) & click “Display Details”
10. Once clicked, it will display all the selected picklist for all the record types selected in step 9. User can add or remove pick list values by clicking the required arrows and select the Picklist rows which needs to be updated.
11. Once all the changes are done, click on “Update Record Type Details”
12. Once the update action is completed, it will show “Success or Error” status message in-front of each row.
For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.bofc.io/#contact-frm or mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.
We appreciate your valuable inputs.